10 July 2010

Introduction to "Salvation: There's More to it Than You Think"

Hi there! I will be starting the Salvation study in a couple days. Before I do, I want to put some info out to you.

First, I wrote this study on Salvation for a Sunday night discipleship class at my former church. Because I didn’t hand out anything written other than a list of Scripture references, I have absolutely no citations written down (of course I now wish I had written them down, but it’s far too late for that!). I did a lot of research for this study, and therefore got much information from my many sources. During this study, I will attempt to cite some of my references as I come across them if I can recognize them. I used authors such as Oswald Chambers, Wayne Grudem, Tim LaHaye, and others, as well as numerous Bible commentaries. Although most of these words in this study are my own, not all of them are. So please don’t quote the words in this study as being my own, for they very well may not be. I just wanted to let that be known, so if you see something that you feel sounds familiar, it just may come from a book you’ve read.

Second, this study is geared more toward the Christian, for that is who it was initially written for. It focuses on, not only what’s necessary for salvation, but also what is expected of the person who accepts that salvation. With that said, anyone is welcome to read it! However, if you, Christian or non-, have any questions at all regarding any topic or subtopic in this study, please do not hesitate to ask them. I do not want someone walking around confused or questioning because of something I wrote.

Third, this study is by no means exhaustive. It does not cover in its entirety the topic itself, salvation; nor does it encompass every aspect of salvation. Have you anything to add, please do so. Have you anything to correct me on, please do so! =).

Fourth, may God bless you as you go through this study with me. I pray that you open your mind and that God opens your eyes and speaks to your heart, as well as my own.

God Bless,

Niki Ƹ>Ï<Ʒ

No comments:

Post a Comment